Frequently Asked Questions
1. I’m new to agile and not sure what class to take, should I take the CSPO or CSM?
The CSM course learning objectives are focused on Agile and Scrum Fundamentals. This course prepares you to implement the roles, events and artifacts of the Scrum framework.
There is approximately 40% overlap of Learning Objectives between the two courses.
The CSPO course learning objectives differ from the CSM in that they are less focused on the mechanics of the events themselves and place more emphasis on how to manage requirements backlogs, define product vision, manage release schedules and work with stakeholders to prioritize work.
2. For the CSPO & CSM courses, do we take the exam during class?
The CSPO class currently does not have an exam. This is subject to change as Scrum Alliance is working towards creating one.
The CSM does have an exam. You will be given a practice exam during class, but you take the real exam on your own time. The exam is online, open note and not timed. By the time you leave class, you should have an email from Scrum Alliance with directions for taking the exam.
3. What’s included with the cost of training?
The cost of training includes workbook and supplies, breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages during training. The cost also covers your initial 2-year membership to the Scrum Alliance. For CSM courses, it includes the cost of the exam.
4. How does the certification process work?
- Attend class and fully participate.
- After the two-day class, the trainer will submit your name to the Scrum Alliance.
- After your information is sent by our team into the Scrum Alliance, they will email your formal membership/certification.
- Your initial membership period is for 2 years, after which you can renew for $100.
5. What is the schedule for the CSM & CSPO courses?
Each morning breakfast service starts at 8 AM with a class start time at 8:30 AM. There is a morning break and a couple afternoon breaks. We also break 45 minutes for lunch around midday. Class ends by 5 PM each day.
6. What do I need to bring to training?
Just yourself! We provide any and all materials needed. You will not need a laptop.
7. Is there a dress code?
Casual. You will be getting up and moving around, so wear something comfortable. Also, the rooms are sometimes cold, so bring a sweater if you tend to get cold.
8. How do I prepare for class?
- Please read the Scrum Guide before class.
- Add Scrum Alliance to your safe sender list if you are a hotmail email account user. Directions are here.
9. I have dietary restrictions. What should I do?
We will make every effort to accommodate most dietary restrictions, depending on the venue’s capabilities. Please make sure to make a note on your order to let us know ahead of time. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch if you do not want to eat what is provided.
10. What happens if a meeting gets scheduled during class hours?
In order to get certified, you need to be fully engaged and participate in class. With that being said, there is a morning break and a couple afternoon breaks. We also break 45 minutes for lunch around midday. You are not able to miss more than an hour of class time in the two days, or you will not get certified.
11. Can I get an electronic copy of the slides?
No, you’ll receive a paper workbook with all slide information included.
12. I didn’t receive my email after class, what do I do?
Make sure to check your spam box and mark Scrum Alliance as a safe sender. If after 24 hours you still haven’t received the email, please contact us at email@example.com
13. What is your cancellation policy?
You may cancel up to 10 days prior to the class and receive a 90% refund or transfer to a future date. No refunds will be provided within 10 days of the class.
14. If I’m no longer able to make the class dates, can I transfer to another class?
Given enough notice, we will be able to transfer you to another class date, based on availability. We can not guarantee a transfer without penalty if the notice falls outside our cancellation policy.
15. It doesn’t say where the class is. When will I know?
We typically make arrangements about a month before the workshop. You’ll receive a pre-class email a couple of days before the class with all logistical information, including where the class is being held and what to expect.
16. Can I get a receipt to turn into my company for reimbursement?
Your Eventbrite confirmation serves as a receipt. We can resend to you if needed.
17. My company needs to pay for my training via PO & invoice. How do I register with this payment method?
Please fill out this form: Public Certification Workshop Registration – Company Purchase
Payment will be due prior to the course.
18. How do I claim PDU’s for your class?
- Log in to PMI.org
- Hover over the ‘Certifications’ tab
- Click on ‘Report PDUs’
- In the CCRS, click on the ‘Report PDUs’ tab
- Select the appropriate activity (For a course taken through any training organization, you would select ‘Course or Training’)
- Enter in all of the required information
- Align the PDUs to the talent triangle based on the content of the course
- Submit the claim
19. Do you have any discounts?
For those who take more than one of our classes, we provide a 10% discount to all alumni.
Please use the code ALUM for your 10% discount.
We also provide group discounts:
$100 off of groups of 3-5 registrations and $200 off 6 or more registrations for the same class for our CSM and CSPO classes
$50 off of groups of 3-5 or $75 off 6 or more for non-certification classes
Simply select the corresponding ticket type and complete the registrations and the discount will be automatically applied. *This offer does not apply to Super Early Bird tickets available in some locations.
20. Do you price match?
We do offer price matching if the comparable workshops take place within the same month, the same city, and is the same content. Inquirers will need to provide proof of the price such as an email or link. We do not go below a certain threshold. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you need clarification.
21. My company is interested in hosting a private training for our employees, how does that work?
We offer private training for groups of at least 10 people, please contact our sales department for more information. Sales@agilevelocity.com
Please note that private classes are responsible for sourcing an appropriate training room & catering. We are happy to assist with this process.