Certified ScrumMaster – CSM Charlotte
This is not a 16-hour nap. We promise an engaging CSM workshop environment filled with like-minded individuals who want to understand why software development is leaving waterfall for Scrum.
After completing CSM training, you will be eligible to take the certification exam and you will be recognized as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) by Scrum Alliance upon passing. The CSM distinction is the first step in becoming a Certified Scrum Professional.
No PowerPoint marathons! Our CSM training is full of group exercises that will keep you engaged and having fun.
Charlotte Scrum Training Workshop Description
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will:
- Become a Master of Scrum and understand your responsibilities as a ScrumMaster and other Scrum roles (Product Owner and Development Team)
- Learn how to facilitate all the Scrum ceremonies (sprint planning, daily scrum, retrospective, review) with confidence with recommended, proven activities
- Know how to create and employ the Scrum artifacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Burndown Charts)
- Understand the importance of the product increment and definition of “done”
- Learn how to grow high-performing teams that are having fun while delivering value frequently
- Realize how to facilitate cultural change as a ScrumMaster within your organization
- Earn 14 SEUs and 14 PDUs
- BONUS: Prepare to pass the CSM Exam by taking our practice exam (We have a 99% pass rate)
CSM Workshop Student Testimonials
“Loved the class. Very good combination of slides and teamwork. Very interactive. Best workshop I have been to!!”
“Before our team attended scrum training we lacked direction, communication, and accountability. After implementing what was learned in training, the results were profound and immediate. Our teams communicate, prioritize the backlog and write user stories. Executive leadership is impressed with the difference. Getting usable products into clients’ hands has been the most impactful.”
CSM Charlotte Details
Date/Time: June 6-7, 2017 8:30-5pm
Ticket price includes:
- All class materials
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks
- 10% off any future Agile Velocity workshops
Location: Location is Charlotte, North Carolina. Exact location will be updated a month prior to the event.
CSM Workshop Facilitator
Kert Peterson, Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST)
Kert is an Agile Program / Project Manager with the business fluency and technical expertise to align product development efforts with customer needs and desired business outcomes. He has 15+ years of engineering, marketing, and management experience in both conventional (“waterfall”) and agile (e.g. scrum) software development methodologies. His project assignments have included work for Amazon.com, Canadian Pacific Rail, Dell, NASA and Capital One Financial.
Click here if you have problems with the embedded tickets below.
CSM Training FAQs
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact email@example.com for question regarding this event or any Agile training questions.
What’s the refund policy?
You may cancel up to 10 days prior to the class and receive a 90% refund or transfer to a future date. No refunds will be provided within 10 days of the class. However, you can switch to another class based on availability. We cannot guarantee a transfer without penalty if the notice falls outside our 10 day policy.
I have dietary restrictions. What should I do?
We will make every effort to accommodate most dietary restrictions, depending on the venue’s capabilities. Please make sure to make a note on your order to let us know ahead of time. You are also welcome to bring your own lunch if you do not want to eat what is provided.
How do I prepare for class?
- Please read the Scrum Guide before class.
- Add Scrum Alliance to your safe sender list if you are a hotmail email account user. Directions are here.
June 6 @ 8:30 am - June 7 @ 5:00 pm