Certified Scrum Product Owner Workshop (CSPO) – Charlotte
This is not death by PowerPoint. We promise an engaging classroom environment filled with like-minded individuals who want to understand a better way to deliver software.
Upon completion of the course, you will be recognized as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) by the Scrum Alliance.
This is not a 16-hour nap! Our training is full of group exercises that will keep you learning while having fun.
Certified Product Owner Workshop Learning Outcomes
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning exercises and real-world case studies, you will:
- Earn your certified product owner certification (cost includes registration and certification through Scrum Alliance. We handle all the administrative work. All you have to do is attend the full workshop and actively participate)
- Understand the Scrum overview and the role of the Product Owner in Scrum activities
- Different techniques to prioritize the backlog
- Estimate and manage releases through risk-based forecasting and tracking
- Write great user stories, how to break them down, and how to lead effective backlog grooming sessions.
- Learn a new technique called User Story Mapping that will help your teams engage in the requirements discovery process with the stakeholders
- Learn how product vision and user personas can lead to a smoother project and better customer value
“Loved the class. Very good combination of slides and teamwork. Very interactive. Best workshop I have been to!!”
“Before our team attended Scrum training we lacked direction, communication, and accountability. After implementing what was learned in training, the results were profound and immediate. Our teams communicate, prioritize the backlog and write user stories. Executive leadership is impressed with the difference. Getting usable products into clients’ hands has been the most impactful.”
Date/Time: September 28-29, 2017 8:30-5pm
Ticket price includes:
- Workbook with slides, exercises and reference materials
- A two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks
- 10% off any future Agile Velocity workshops
- You can claim 14 PDUs and/or SEUs from attending the class
Location: This workshop will be held at DoubleTree by Hilton Charlotte
Charlotte Scrum Training Workshop Facilitator
Kert Peterson, Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST)
Kert is an Agile Program / Project Manager with the business fluency and technical expertise to align product development efforts with customer needs and desired business outcomes. He has 15+ years of engineering, marketing, and management experience in both conventional (“waterfall”) and agile (e.g. scrum) software development methodologies. His project assignments have included work for Amazon.com, Canadian Pacific Rail, Dell, NASA and Capital One Financial.
Don’t see a date or location which works for you? We also offer private training by experienced Agile coaches with decades of Agile and Lean experience. Contact us at 512-298-AVEL or send an email to email@example.com.
September 28 @ 8:30 am - September 29 @ 5:00 pm