Certified Agile Leadership Workshop
As more organizations of all sizes move away from traditional delivery to Agile delivery, data has shown how difficult the transformation can be. Data has also shown that leadership can often stymie Agile adoptions and block lasting business agility.
The Certified Agile Leader (CAL) certification class teaches leaders how to use Agile principles in their day-to-day interactions with colleagues and team members and how to become an effective change agent and guiding force. At the end of the two-day course, participants will have learned skills and models needed to lead an Agile transformation and organization-wide change. The CAL-1 certification is achieved upon successful completion of the 2-day course.
Personal Agile Leadership
How to use Agile to guide personal and professional interactions for successful outcomes.
Background of current business trends and its relationship to business agility.
Agile Maturity Model
Learn a model for enhancing growth in leadership skills and a way to nurture an agile mindset.
5-step Catalyst Conversation Technique
Learn how to make a positive impact without using a top-down approach.
How to lead an Agile organization with the Agile Leadership Compass
Explore different ways that organizations have implemented Agile and how this has allowed them to achieve business objectives.
A 5-step organizational change approach.
Day 1: Personal Agile Leadership
- Learn business trends driving the need for business agility within a global context
- Understand the Agility Maturity Model that fosters self-awareness of leadership maturity and discovers more agile thinking and behaviors.
- Explore agile leadership mindset and behaviors of leaders at varying maturity levels to reflect on leadership traits in our own leadership and in others.
- Practice a 5-step catalyst conversation technique to positively impact every aspect of our work (and personal) life – engaging others without micromanaging them.
Day 2: How To Lead An Agile Organization
- Explore organizational culture and structures and how they impact organizational agility, speed, innovation, and collaboration.
- Evaluate multiple case studies of real organizations with different cultures applying various structures to drive effective and sustaining change with positive results.
- Reflect and share participant organizational cultures and structures in comparison to these case studies and other participant models.
- Practice a 5-step organizational change approach (V2MOM) to guide effective and sustained change
Who Needs A Certified Agile Leader Certification?
This class is also for leaders who believe Agile will help their organizations meet business objectives and who have committed to making the transformation successful.
It is for leaders who need skills and tools that will help their organizations—from startups who want to disrupt an industry to enterprises who want to continue to lead the pack—navigate the constantly evolving business landscape.
The Agile Leadership Compass
Participants will explore a comprehensive view of Agile leadership, first from the leader’s personal perspective in how agility impacts their thinking and behavior, then from an organizational perspective in how they can effectively align, guide, and scale their organization’s agility. The Agile Leadership Compass will provide guidance for participants both during the workshop and as an aid in their practice following the workshop.
About the Instructor
Pete Behrens is a Certified Scrum Coach® (CSC) and Certified Scrum Trainer® (CST®) from Boulder, Colorado. Pete has been an active leader in Scrum Alliance for 10 years and was a founding member of the CSC program. He has also been active with the ongoing development of coaching programs and retreats and with leading the formation of a new set of Agile Leadership Learning Objectives. As president of Trail Ridge Consulting, Pete guides organizations and leaders in their Agile growth and maturity.
About the Co-facilitator
David Hawks is a Certified Enterprise Coach and Certified Scrum Trainer who has played almost every role in product development: developer, architect, ScrumMaster, manager, Product Owner, and executive. He has a background of building highly productive agile teams and a passion for helping others achieve similar success. As CEO of Agile Velocity, David brings his broad experience working with Fortune 50 companies and early stage startups to challenge organizations to think differently about how they deliver innovative products and customer value.
September 6 @ 8:30 am - September 7 @ 5:00 pm